In this digital world, everything is data based. Be it a simple Google search or your usage of a particular app, it predicts so much about your preferences that can be used to further generate ads specific to your needs and requirements. With more people turning to instant messaging apps, Conversational Analytics is gaining momentum today.
So What Is All About This Conversational Analytics?
Imagine that you overhear two people talking about their favourite jeans brand. From their conversation, you get to understand their preference for the type of jeans. Conversational Analytics is quite similar to that. It is the study of conversations between two or more people, live phone calls, and call recordings. It’s the analysis of data of how users interact with chatbots or any device with an interface that is conversational.
How is it useful? With the data from conversational analytics, one can get to know the speaker’s emotions and sentiments, as it involves mostly how the users interact in real time. It introduces the human aspect to analytics.
Why Conversational Data is the Future?
Everyone knows that Big Data is the most happening thing nowadays. Conversational Analytics adds to this scenario as it:
- Helps businesses get to know their audience
- Provide greater personalization to meet users’ needs
- Enhanced social listening
- Helps to segment audience by identifying their interests
Concerns on Conversational Analytics Data
Though much has been said about how Chatbots or Conversational analytics are going to shape the future, like all technologies, it has its own share of security concerns.
- Process: Chatbot analysis is all about data. With bigger data comes the responsibility of proper storage and the issue of who can access the data. Organisations should take steps to establish rules regarding the storage of data.
- People: A good technology could go wrong if it falls into the wrong hands. The technology behind Chatbot could be used by hackers in phishing scams and other social engineering attacks.This could lead to a cyber attack. This risk can be reduced by proper end-user education.
- Technology: In these times when almost everyone keeps an App Lock for WhatsApp shows how all of us take security seriously. There are many ways to secure the chatbots like Two Factor Authentication(2FA), biometrics and AI. Authentication and encryption are central to security. For maximum security, chatbot communication should be encrypted.
Why Should These Issues Be Addressed?
Conversational analytics is a rising technology, and like any new innovation, it has its drawbacks. But given the huge impact, growing demand, and use of this technology, it is essential to take care of all the concerns regarding it. By ensuring best practices and taking care of the concerns of conversational analysis, businesses can fully embrace its vast potential.
The area of Conversational Analytics can be applied in so many fields such as:
- Enhance Customer Experience
- Script Running
- Targeted Training
- Trend Prediction
- Compliance and Security
How it Helps the End-Users?
So how does this technology improve the lives of the users? It increases the quality of their lives, by saving them time, money, reducing hassle, or bringing them closer to their loved ones.
With continuous analysis of our conversational behaviour, it can predict our expectations and provide a succinct solution.