It’s no secret that businesses around the world are obsessed with finding the right words to get their products and services to their customers and prospective ones – but that’s not all to the story. You have seen in recent history how pictures can bring words to life before your eyes or create a story of their own. With recent advances in cloud based image analysis services, a picture can tell you a lot more than a story.
Amazon Rekognition is a service that makes it easy to add image analysis to your applications. You can detect objects, scenes, faces, recognise celebrities and identify content in images. It can help you compare faces and easily build visual search and discovery in to your applications. It is a cost-effective solution because you pay only for the images you analyze and the face metadata you store. How can it help your business?
- Customer Demographics: Amazon Rekognition allows you to estimate the age range for each detected face. It can give you facial attributes and features such as gender. This can help you to better assess demographics or group your image collection with age/gender as category. You can build a smart billboard that collects demographic data about the viewers to aid your campaigns and target them to the right customer.
- Authentication & Security: You can compare a face on webcam with the employee photo in records before allowing access to a secure zone/online test. Perform visual surveillance looking for objects or faces of interest or concern. You can even enable a more secure online payment through face comparison.
- Index and Tag: You can process any number of photos per day, implement a visual search, tag-based browsing, etc
- Object & Scene Detection: Identify objects such as transport, pets, furniture or scenes(like beach) which can come in handy to add features to search, filter and curate large image libraries.
- Edit your Content: You can automatically detect explicit and suggestive adult content in images and screen the inappropriate content from reaching your customers. You can create your own rules for what is appropriate for the culture and demographics of your users.
- Track your audience Sentiment: Track your online students attention or audience sentiment using facial attributes such as open eyes or smile to create an appropriate & engaging content. Use them to find the reaction to trends for your retail outlets.
- Prevent Thefts: Scan the people who enter your outlet and identify suspicious people using face comparisions or sentiment analysis and prevent thefts.
The list has just started. The ways Rekognition could be used makes me realise yes, A Picture is worth a thousand words. Do key-in the ways you have used this service to better your business or lives around you.