Remote working involves working away from the office by making use of technology and an internet connection. An e-commerce development company and different app development companies can efficiently and effectively help businesses and organizations to work with remote employees.
ADVANTAGES OF REMOTE EMPLOYEES.
- Work from anywhere at anytime: Remote employees can work from anywhere and at any time as long as they have internet access. They do not have to face nuisances such as spending hours commuting, facing bad weather and overcrowded public transports.
- No daily commute: Most people do not enjoy commuting to the office daily and working remotely enables employees to start the workday calmer and earlier.
- Flexibility: Remote employees are in charge of their own schedule and this leads them to work more efficiently. Remote employees have ample freedom as long as they can get the job done and meet deadlines. Remote employees have more time for personal projects and those with families can spend more time with their families.
- Reduce costs: Employees can save money on their business wardrobe, transportation cost, eating lunch and so on when they work from a remote location.
- Better health: Remote employees have more time to add physical exercises into their day. Staying at home allows employees to take care of themselves and remain productive.
- More productive: Remote employees can be productive as they work in their best environments and they can easily focus on tasks. Workers can focus more on their job when they work remotely as there are little distraction and office chatter. E-commerce development companies can help remote employees increase their productivity.
DISADVANTAGES OF REMOTE EMPLOYEES.
- Low retention and reliability: Remote employees have no guilt about getting a new job and moving to new opportunities. They can leave at anytime.
Trust is also an issue in remote employees as most contractors do not see remote work as permanent employment. Contractors may feel that remote employees are not focused and they do not work hard enough.
- Isolation: When employees are in the office they feel like part of a team. Employees have difficulty feeling connected when they work remotely and this can lower morale.
- Difficult to manage: Remote employees are difficult to manage and it is hard to evaluate their productivity. Maintaining accountability in a remote employee is hard as they can engage in procrastination.
- Decreased employee visibility: Employees may not accept to work remotely if they feel it would decrease their visibility within an organization. They will feel that they will lack face time with company leaders and this will affect their promotion and growth opportunities.
- Distraction: Remote employees easily succumb to distractions and lose motivation. This will lead to low productivity. Remote employees need to remain disciplined and employees face more distractions when they work remotely.
- Security concerns: There is a security concern if you deal with sensitive data and you work with remote teams. When you put something online It is difficult to take it back. There can be data leaks and remote employees can steal data. The loss of a laptop by a remote employee can be catastrophic to remote employees and the businesses that use them.
- Lack of organization: Remote employees have a difficult time understanding distinctions between where they work remotely and where they spend their free time. There is a lack of organization with regards to the workspace.
- Difficult to maintain accountability: Holding a remote team accountable is difficult. It is hard to establish ties with remote employees such as camaraderie and friendship.
- Issues with payment: Payment and the tax situation of remote employees especially those that are international is sometimes difficult and complicated. You have to think about how you will send fees to remote employees and the conversion rates.
- Lack of relationships: Working in an office gives employees opportunities to bond and build camaraderie. It is difficult to establish among coworkers when employees work remotely.
- Overlooked for promotions: Remote employees may be overlooked for career development opportunities and promotion. Visible employees in the office have an edge as they can campaign for positions.
- Loss of productivity: Working remotely presents a situation of little or no oversight. Employees can get easily distracted when they are not in a work environment. Managers get worried about the productivity of remote employees.
- Legal issues: When it comes to remote employees there are different legal issues that surround labour laws, contracts, taxes, limitations or payment requirements.
- Communication difficulty: There can be communication problems with remote employees as there is little or no face-to-face contact.
- Lack of community: Working remotely leads to a lack of work culture.